It’s great you have planned out how you are going to market your restaurant business. If you don’t, then Google it up and you will come with lots of restaurant marketing ideas. What’s tough is to decide whether to choose Facebook or Google for marketing your business. Both are giants and each one has a different advertising model. When it comes to promoting your restaurant, experts say you are better off using Facebook for marketing your business.
Facebook ads let you target people on the basis of their interests instead of what their search (as in the case of Google). You are basically targeting basis on the basis of who they are rather than the information they are looking for. Facebook shows ads on the basis of the likes and demographics of the user. Let’s have a look at why Facebook is better for your restaurant.
Build brand equity
Facebook lets you leverage the good words of mouth which, of course, are powerful when you are advertising. The user sees an ad almost every day. Over the course of several interactions, he will get to know what your brand is all about. Yes, a potential visitor will learn about your restaurant, its location, what kind of food you serve etc. before even deciding to click through your Facebook page or website. You won’t even have to force them to browse through your landing pages. They will only land on your website if they want to order something.
Demographic and keyword targeting
Facebook lets you target keywords and demographics with precision. Since user profiles already have their location, with geo-targeting, your Facebook ads appear to users whose profiles contain the location you are targeting. So, if your restaurant is in Cromac Place, Belfast then only those Facebook users will see your ad who are within that location.
Pros and cons for Facebook advertising for your restaurant business
- You can broadcast ads to reach a specific audience
- It’s a highly effective form of advertising if you want to reach people who use mobile devices
- You can display ads in a range of formats to make your food look delicious.
- If you want to create direct response campaigns for your restaurant, it’s best
- If you are new and you don’t have a large marketing budget, Facebook is best to begin with. You reach to about 1000 people by just spending £5 a day.
- You will have to keep on creating new ads to engage with the visitor
- More and more advertisers have started using Facebook so things will get competitive
You most definitely want to create a direct response from your advertising campaign, right? In that case, Facebook is best to market your restaurant and reach your target audience. It won’t break your bank, you will just have to hire an expert agency to manage your restaurant’s marketing. Long story short, Google helps you in increasing sales of your product while Facebook helps in building brand equity.